The terms when using the information (Content) made available on this website.
Using the content on this website.
1) Source citation
- The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner.
(Examples of source citation)
- Source: Portal Site of Official Statistics Online Survey (URL of the page concerned) etc. If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the content has been edited, in addition to the abovementioned source citation, but not in any way that making public or using edited information in a format that may be misconstrued as having been created by the Government of Japan (or its ministries and/or agencies).
(Example of citation when using edited content)
- Created by editing the Portal Site of Official Statistics Online Survey (URL of the page concerned)
- Created by Company YY based on the Portal Site of Official Statistics Online Survey (URL of the page concerned)
2) No infringement of third party rights.
- In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
- If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content to which the Third Party holds the rights may not be clear or may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.
- Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
- Symbol mark, Logo, and Character Design which represent the organization or specific business.
4) Governing law and jurisdiction.
- The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
- The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
The terms when using the system.
- When using this system, besides this terms, the users shall comply with the use guidelines, help, etc. which is published on this system (hereinafter referred to as ""this terms"").
- The user shall use this system based on his/her own responsibility and judgment, and shall be deemed to have agreed to these terms when using this system.
- This system is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In case of system maintenance or unexpected obstacle, the service of this system will be suspended.
- The government and National Statistics Center may change the specification without notifying the user beforehand.
- The National Statistics Center may apply access restriction according to the system load.
- When using this system, the user shall not perform the following acts.
(1) The act which interferes with this system intentionally
(2) The act hacking is performed to a main system or to which the file infected with a virus is sent intentionally
(3) The act which violates decrees or this terms, etc.
(4) The act contrary to public order and morals
- After your login, the information provided by this system (such as e-questionnaire, survey guide, etc.) may not be copied, altered, adapted, transferred, rented without the permission of government or National Statistics Center.
- When the users violate this terms, the government and National Statistics Center will directly terminate the use of this system without prior notice.
- The government and National Statistics Center bear no responsibility to users for any damage that may arise due to the use or suspension of this system.
- Users bear responsibility for complaints, indemnities and other disputes between users and a third party. The government and National Statistics Center bear no responsibility.
- Government and National Statistics Center can revise this terms optionally. Revised terms will take effect after published on this system and the users shall comply with them.
- This terms are governed by the laws of Japan, and in case of disputes relating to this terms, the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court shall be the exclusive consensus court of jurisdiction for its first trial."